Saturday, May 12, 2007

Links

A couple of days ago, with the help of Sara from A Salted, I managed to add some links to my favourites blogs including Goncalo, Dovegreyreader, Ms Baroque, Fiction Bitch and Bookseller to the Stars. Unfortunately once the links were added, my statistics counter disappeared from the bottom of the page.

I can't live without my stats and had to restore the counter. I know it's sad, but I get a little frisson when they tell me that I've had visitors to the blog. Are there any techies out there who know how to add links without destroying the original template?

4 comments:

MarkFarley said...

Steerforth, stop... you are making me blush.

Unknown said...

Howdy! Well I replied at my blog, but just in case you haven't read that I shall repeat myself here.
There's no need to lose your stat counter at all. Mine is at the bottom of my page but you can place it where you like. Just click on customise again and add a page element, then the add html/java option, drop your stat code in there and that's it.

Good luck!

Gonçalo Veiga said...

Steerforth, I've done it a couple of times. At first I thought I'd lose my tracker. It's simple: before you alter your page, you open it "Htlm mode" and you copy the part that holds your tracker counter, usually you can get it by its name, and then you do copy/past into the altered page (with the links) and save it.

:)

Curiosity: my wife might be helding a conference in Sussex, is it far of from your bookstore? Just in case I can get a discount? hehe

dovegreyreader said...

Ooooooohhhhh I'd love a link on here!